Now that summer has arrived and it’s finally stopped raining, you might be thinking of somewhere shady to sit in your garden. A parasol over a table is all very well, but a proper structure would add so much more to your garden.
There are countless styles of gazebo or pavilion, this one has a really strong, permanant look. The green roof will shelter you from sun and rain as well as being kind to the environment.
A bold, modern structure:
This one is an altogether different type, lighter and easier to construct, but with less shelter. I like how it fits so well into this garden.
Here’s why you might want to consider one for your garden:
- It’ll provide shelter from rain if it has a proper roof.
- Growing plants over it will give you some shade.
- It gives more opportunities for planting in a small garden.
- It adds height and structure to a garden, especially useful in a new garden when everything is a bit flat.
- It makes a good focal point.
- It’s style and the materials you choose will reinforce the style of your garden.
The post and plant are perfect for a contemporary garden:
This Gertrude Jekyll rose would look good on either a modern or traditional structure, it has fabulous scent and grows to 3 metres high.
Are you tempted?
You’ll be more likely to sit and enjoy your garden if you have somewhere that’s inviting to sit don’t you think?
Images: Jill Anderson.